FET for Linux, Mac OS X 5.31.4
Linux, Mac OS X
April 12 2017
FET is open source free software for automatically scheduling the timetable of a school, high-school or university. It uses a fast and efficient timetabling algorithm. It is licensed under GNU GPL.
Usually, FET is able to solve a complicated timetable in maximum 5-20 minutes. For simpler timetables, it may take a shorter time, under 5 minutes (in some cases, a matter of seconds). For extremely difficult timetables, it may take a longer time, a matter of hours.
· Localized to en_GB (English), ar (Arabic), ca (Catalan), da (Danish), de (German), el (Greek), es (Spanish), fa (Persian), fr (French), hu (Hungarian), id (Indonesian), it (Italian), lt (Lithuanian), mk (Macedonian), ms (Malay), nl (Dutch), pl (Polish), pt_BR (Brazilian Portuguese), ro (Romanian), ru (Russian), si (Sinhala), tr (Turkish) and uk (Ukrainian) (incompletely for some languages)
· Fully automatic generation algorithm, allowing also semi-automatic or manual allocation
· Platform independent implementation, allowing running on GNU/Linux, Windows, Mac and any system that Qt supports
· Powerful flexible modular XML format for the input file, allowing editing with an XML editor or by hand (besides FET interface)
· Import/export from CSV format
· The resulted timetables are exported into HTML, XML and CSV formats
· Very flexible students (pupils) structure, organized into sets: years, groups and subgroups. FET allows overlapping years and groups and non-overlapping subgroups. You can even define individual students (as separate sets)
· Each constraint has a weight percentage, from 0.0% to 100.0% (but some special constraints can have only 100% weight percentage possible)