BiblioteQ for Linux 2016.09.04
October 25 2016
BiblioteQ strives to be a complete and thorough library management suite. The application is supported on numerous platforms, including FreeBSD, Linux, OS X, Solaris, and Windows. Installers are available for OS X and Windows.
For some categories, BiblioteQ provides a mechanism for querying the Library of Congress, or any other Z39.50-capable system, via the standard Z39.50 protocol; thus simplifying the data-entry process.
As for database connectivity, BiblioteQ supports both PostgreSQL and SQLite database engines.
Summary of BiblioteQ's core features:
* Cataloging of Books, DVDs, Journals, Magazines, Music CDs, and Video Games.
* Internationalization (translation) support. BiblioteQ currently supports the Czech, English, and German languages.
* Patron information.
* Rich search capabilities, including custom SQL queries.
* Cover images with drag and drop support.
* PostgreSQL accounts with various privileges.
* Administrator roles.
* Full PostgreSQL and SQLite support.
* Transactional database queries.
* Threaded data retrieval via the standard Z39.50 protocol for Books, Journals, and Magazines.
* Print support.
* Support for requesting unavailable items.
* Item reservation.
* Listings of overdue items, requested items, and reserved items.
* Customizable item data, pricing information, and currencies.
* Item reservation histories for patrons.
* Customizable displays.
* Embedded hyperlinks for localized searches of similar items.
* Front cover image retrieval via Amazon.
* Uniform functionality across various platforms.
* Support for multiple Z39.50 sites.