Strong real-time protection against viruses on Linux file servers.
Edit by Brothersoft: Avira AntiVir UNIX Server is a VB100 % award-winning antivirus solution for Linux file servers with a real-time scanner and multifunctional performance features, designed to ensure complete Protection against viruses and unwanted network programs.
- Leading detection and elimination of viruses, worms and Trojans, adware/spyware and dialers.
- Innovative AHeAD (Advanced Heuristic Analysis and Detection) technology for the detection of unknown or rapidly changing attackers for proactive security.
- Real-time monitoring of all file accesses through integrated on-access scanner and on-demand scanner for manual and time-controlled scans.
- Comprehensive filter functions and file caching to increase scanning speed.
- Archive detection with selection of the archive types to be scanned and adjustable recursion depth.
- Planning and automation of routine tasks such as scans and updates.
- Compatible with 32-bit mode under 64-bit Linux systems incl. on-access scanning (UNIX).
Fast, automated updates:
- Extremely small, bandwidth-saving updates of virus definitions through incremental VDF update.
- Automated updates via the Internet or network-wide distribution.
Efficient configuration and administration:
- Comprehensive notification and reporting functions.
- Networkwide administration via the AntiVir Security Management Center (SMC).
Limitations:The Installation Kit comes fully featured but update service (FUSE) is disabled. To enable updates you may automatically request an evaluation key for a 30-days period from here: (//www.avira.com/en/products/test_licence.html) - To further benefit of update service (FUSE) you may acquire the appropriate commercial license (//www.avira.com/en/products/online_shop.html).