iTrain offers an easy to use solution to control your model railroad with your computer(s), especially if you want to automate only parts of your layout and keep control of the rest yourself. For example, automatic block control avoids collisions and you control which train is driving manually or fully automatically according to a selected route.
Modern software techniques make it possible to run the program on all major computer operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and OpenSolaris. Client server architecture allows extra computers to be used as extra overviews or controllers. The switchboard is fully scalable with an optional layout overview for large layouts, and allows different tabs for different views of (parts of) the layout.
It is not necessary to study for weeks to be able to use iTrain. Simply draw the layout and assign the signals and feedbacks to the blocks for automatic control of your block signals, without providing difficult rules. Defining a route can be as simple as selecting the order of blocks, but more advanced options are also possible. In case you use a modern system like the Central Station or ECoS, iTrain will import all loc, turnout and signal definitions so you can start even faster.
* Easy manual control of locomotives.
* Very flexible switchboard with overview control.
* Track routes to switch multiple turnouts and signals.
* Train following system and block control via one or more feedbacks.
* Easy configuration of block and warning signals.
* Simple train route creation and activation.
* Controlling one layout via multiple computers in a network.
* Modification of definitions possible at all times and directly visible.
* Support for: Märklin 6051, Intellibox (serial and USB), ECoS, Märklin CS1 & CS2, Loconet, Lenz XPressNet (both serial and USB), HSI-S88 (serial) and Dinamo.
* Runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and OpenSolaris.
* User interface in English, German, Dutch, French*, Italian*, Spanish*, Catalan* and Portuguese*.